For those employees who have legal issues which require legal expertise, but the value of the claims don’t justify paying for a lawyer to deal with the whole case, Taylor & Blair LLP offers unbundled legal services, where you decide when you need a lawyer’s help and when you can handle it on your own.
Employment Lawyers for Employees on an As Needed or Limited Retainer Basis
When you hire a lawyer from Taylor & Blair LLP they will assist you on an “as needed” or “limited retainer” basis. We can assist you with drafting documents or planning a strategy, including but not limited to:
- Advising on the proper forum to bring your claim (Small Claims, Supreme Court, Human Rights Tribunal, etc.)
- Drafting legal documents such as notice of or responses to civil claims, list of documents, etc.
- Assisting in preparing for chambers applications or swearing affidavits
- Ghost writing correspondence and arguments
- Case law research
- Strategy and tactics to achieve your goal
- Advising on the proper decorum when presenting your case in person or virtually
- Advice on settlement negotiations and structure
After an initial consultation, you can pay an hourly rate for unbundled services on an ongoing basis as required for as much, or as little help as you require. This will let you represent yourself and make sure you get a fair deal, while having us in the background to advise you so you don’t get caught by legal technicalities or mislead by lawyers hired by your employer.
If you are interested in our unbundled employment law services, contact the lawyers at Taylor & Blair LLP today.