For those businesses who have legal issues which require legal expertise, but the value of the claims don’t justify paying for a lawyer to represent the company throughout the entirety of the case, Taylor & Blair LLP offers unbundled legal services, where you decide when you need a lawyer’s help and when you can handle it on your own. Quite often small businesses can’t afford to retain a lawyer to mount a full defence to an action, while larger businesses already pay for HR personnel to deal with these issues and do not want to retain a lawyer at the same time.
Employment Lawyers for Employers on an As Needed or Limited Retainer Basis
When you hire a lawyer from Taylor & Blair LLP they will assist you on an “as needed” or “limited retainer” basis. We can assist you with drafting documents or planning a strategy, including but not limited to:
- Drafting legal documents such as notice of or responses to civil claims, list of documents, etc.
- Assisting in preparing for chambers applications or swearing affidavits
- Ghost writing correspondence and arguments
- Case law research
- Strategy and tactics to achieve your goal
- Advising on the proper decorum when presenting your case in person or virtually
- Advice on settlement negotiations and structure
After an initial consultation, you can pay an hourly rate for unbundled services on an ongoing basis as required for as much, or as little help as you require. The lawyers at Taylor & Blair LLP have experience supporting HR personnel and business owners navigate their own claims, while having us in the background to advise as needed.
If you are interested in our unbundled employment law services, contact the lawyers at Taylor & Blair LLP today.